This past December I was able to spend 6 weeks in the States sharing the ministry and telling the stories of what God did in 2019 and what lies ahead in 2020. It's always an honor and a privilege to share and God blessed my life tremendously visiting partners in ministry. As you glance at the picture below, this was my view on the 27th of December. I was sitting in a little conference room as the director of my missions agency stepped out to get us some water and I snapped this picture. As you've probably already guessed, the pictures on the side are of missionaries serving all over the globe. Sitting there, I reflected on the work that God has for me, and for all of us, now that 2019 was wrapping up. I was encouraged by this view. My heart longs to continue growing and being a part of deep, meaningful, life changing ministry, and I'm excited because I've seen God do just that!
The Purpose of a Furlough
The word furlough is one of those missionary terms that sometimes can be a bit confusing. So in a nutshell, this is what I did and the purpose for it.
- Visit as many partners in ministry as possible to update them and encourage them
- Visit my homeland and refresh my soul with family and friends
- To share the ministry and raise support (just 15% shy of 100% support! God has been very faithful on this trip)
- To get materials to take back for small groups and discipleship
- To meet with teams and individuals for upcoming trips and ministry opportunities
And last but not least, eat some Chick-fil-a, as it is for sure a place I can eat to the Glory of God :)
Church Plant, February 2nd, 2020
Welcome to the first Sunday of Iglesia Bautista de Costa Verde. Our prayer is that this church be a place of Worship to God and also a place of teaching to equip God's people to fulfill the great commission.
Small Groups and Discipleship
This picture represents relationships and the forward march of disciple making. We are a part of a small group and all of us are in several discipleship relationships. Please pray for us, that we can bring Glory to God and be effective in helping others walk closely with Him.
Thank you for your continued prayers and support! The Lord knows how grateful I am for you! As I contemplate the next few days, weeks, and even months to come; I would like to ask you to join me in prayer.
- For wisdom and guidance as I councel and disciple young women
- For Mandarin language acquisition
- For God's grace and protection over Iglesia Bautista de Costa Verde
- For wisdom in upcoming missions trips and outreach
- For provision for the final 15% of support to be reached
But above all, that those who do not know God would hear the Gospel plainly and that followers of Jesus would know Him more intimately and walk closely with Him.
Que la gracia y la paz de Dios este contigo!