A Day in Río Indio
Thank you for taking the time to view this ministry update. We never want to stop thanking those of you who pray for us, encourage us, and/or partner with us financially in the ministry here in Panamá. Words cannot express our gratitude. God has used you, and continues to use you, as a source of encouragement and strength for us. Thank you!
A Day in Río Indio
"Always try to have someone with you when you’re doing ministry." That was the advice Kenny, a fellow missionary, gave me (Clip) a while back. I’ve tried to follow that advice, and recently we had the opportunity to take Edgardo to Río Indio with us.
It was just one day in a busy month, but it was an important day. Both our time in the vehicle with Edgardo (6 hours) and our time talking to and eating lunch with the Mora family (4 hours) were times of encouragement and spiritual strengthening - both for them and for us as a family. On days like this we often think of the words of Paul in Romans 1:11-12, “For I long to see you, that I may impart to you some spiritual gift to strengthen you - that is, that we may be mutually encouraged by each other's faith, both yours and mine.”
Erik and his wife, Elpidia, still desire to move to Bocas del Toro as missionaries, and we are praying that it will happen. Would you please continue praying with us that, if it is the Lord's will, they will be missionaries in Bocas del Toro? There are many details to work out, but we know He is sovereign.
Below are various photos from some of our trips to Río Indio, so that you can have a taste of life in this part of the country.
- The week off from our discipleship meetings (March 11-17) was very fruitful. We felt rested, re-energized, and ready to continue.
- All of our discipleship groups continue to go well and seem spiritually healthy.
- Cesar and Dyra (a pastor and his wife whom we are discipling) are very busy between work, family, ministry, and health issues. Please pray for physical and spiritual strength.
- Edgardo’s family is going through a very difficult time. Please pray for peace, comfort, and wisdom for this family. Most importantly, please pray for the salvation of some family members.
- Please continue to pray for the different discipleship groups that we have.
- Please pray for Clip as he is preparing for a seminar in Río Indio in May. He will be specifically focusing on the spiritual discipline of stewardship as it relates to pastors.