Merry Christmas from Peru
We thank God for all He has done this year in our lives, in our hone, and in Eternal Life Baptist Church here in Cusco, Peru.
Since our last update we were able to finish teaching the Sunday School teacher course, and of the 12 people who signed up we had four finish the class by presenting a small devotional based on a lesson outline they developed. It was a blessing to see them excited about sharing God’s Word. We presented each one with a certificate of achievement!
Some of the graduates from the Teacher Training
We also held a “chocolatada” to end our year of Bible Club with hot chocolate, Peruvian fruit cake, called “paneton,” and a small gift bag for each child. On December 22nd we will have a similar program with the church which will include recognizing those who have graduated this year in elementary, high school, or college level studies, recognizing children who have faithfully attended Sunday School with a small gift, a “chocolatada” for the entire church and a Christmas Cantata including a song by the children. Whew! We will pack a lot into that Sunday and pray for God to work in the hearts of visitors and members that day.
- We are helping run the national Pastor’s Camp this year from Jan. 20-25 at the seminary property in Urubamba.
- For Elisban Condori, our pastoral intern, who finished his year with us, got married and is moving on to a new ministry. We are praying about taking on another intern for next year.
- For Jesús Talavera who also has been helping us this year and for his future plans.
- I will be preaching through the book of Acts in 2020 in order to awaken the church to the need to plant more churches in the future.
- For the medical campaign we will be participating in during July 2020. Please contact us if you are interested in a medical missions trip.
- For Casandra’s health and the homeschooling of our children (5th, 3rd, K5, and K4)
Thanks for praying for us this year!
Eric, Casandra, Joshua, Steven, Gabriela and Judah Pardine
2 Timothy 2:2