The Sound of Music
Our ministry in Yucatán during March consisted of a series of concerts in the cities of Valladolid and Merida, with our Music Ministry Team.
The Lord blessed in these meetings as the team ministered through their music program, while I had the privilege of sharing from God's Word.
The Music Ministry Team was made up of a group of talented singers and musicians from four different churches in the United States.
After each concert, believers in each of the churches would interact with the music team discussing songs, instrumentation, and leading in worship. I was reminded once again of how powerful music can be.
Different cultures and languages came together in a common desire to praise and worship God. Although they didn't know each other, the singers, musicians, and the audiences were unified in their song and worship.
Plans are already in place for the next series of concerts and music events. I want to express my gratitude to Mile Straight Baptist Church, Victory Chapel Baptist Church, Westside Baptist Church, and Mt. Pisgah Baptist Church for sharing their musical talent with us for this music ministry.
Thank you for allowing us to be your partners in sharing God's Word to the fields that are ripe and ready for harvest.
The church choir from Progreso participated in the Friday night concert.
Our host church in Valladolid graciously prepared us a delicious meal of empanadas and salbutes.
This mother and daughter musical team joined us for our Sunday evening concert.
The Music Ministry Team members were:
- Justin Burns, Minister of Music of Victory Chapel Baptist Church in Conestee, South Carolina.
- Jason Sneed, Minister of Music of Mile Straight Baptist Church in Soddy Daisy, Tennessee.
- Brian Goldsmith, guitarist of Mt. Pisgah Baptist Church in Easley, South Carolina.
- Susan Street and Kerrie Ingle, members of the Praise and Worship team of Mile Straight Baptist Church.
- Madison Moore of Westside Baptist Church in Rossville, Georgia (and also Office Coordinator of Global Faith Mission Agency).
- Dan and Carmen Rogers, missionaries with Global Faith whom serve as resident missionaries in Merida.
This was a fantastic group of singers and musicians. The unity of this ministry team was spectacular.
Young people and adults join Jason Sneed after the concert and sing with him.
It was my privilege to speak at each concert.